Saturday, July 26, 2014

Week 74 & 75 - I think my life is normal again???

My dearest favorite people,

HEYYY!!!   I feel like its been forever since I've written home... sorry about that. But I'm alive and kickin and life is starting to get normal again... Well, as normal as it can be in this mission. haha.

We moved back to our area in Waterloo and we've been meeting with all our people again and I'm finally sleeping on a bed again.... it was a long 3 weeks of deflated air mattress/cot/floor/couch haha. It's still crowded and crazy everywhere, but all is well!

And despite the fact that a trillion things have happened in the last couple weeks, I really have no idea what to write.. sorry this is a lame email.  I'll just bore you with the past two days... long story short, but we get this creepy bag of food left on our doorstep every Wednesday night, and usually Elder Crandall (our house dad... lives on the other side of our house.. senior couple here) disposes of it for us because we feel guilty.  Well a couple nights ago when it was there waiting for us, there was a skunk guarding it.  It raises it's back, getting ready for the spray, and poor Elder Crandall's body was trying to move so quickly and he ate it.  But the spray missed him!  But the little critter smashed watermelon all over our stuff and now there is a lovely skunk aroma.  I'm so over all of these little creatures attacking with bites/smells.

 We're doing lots of referral calling from pageant... so many people came and want to learn more, or referred there friends to the missionaries!!  So now we call ppl for days.

I got to hang out with Elder Aidukaitis from the 70 at Pageant!  That was SO neat. (he's the one who spoke at gen conference about roaming through garbage.... with the sweet accent...).

Since I cant think of anyone else, I'll just tell you all the cool things I've learned this week... We finally get to do studies again!!  There isn't time for any studying during the pageant weeks, so it has felt SO nice to get some studies in!  I have just a couple more weeks to become a fluent, native Spanish speaker... haha  But Elder Searle (our past site director) sent this quote in an email this week and I really liked it- went perfect with this week's theme:
 “… All men and women … need repentance. … They are in spiritual death. How are they going to get back? By being buried in the water. They are dead, and are buried in the water and come forth in the resurrection of the spirit back into spiritual life. That is what baptism is.”
 --Pres. Smith (lesson from the teachings of President Joseph Fielding Smith Chapter 13: Baptism.)
We all need the Gospel and need to constantly strive to change and be better.  We can't get comfy or complacent.  Always moving forward... even if we are falling forward, we're still going in the right direction :) haha

I love you all so much!  Have a great week!
Love, Hna Davis

and HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY, Grandpa and Grandma!!  love you!


pics... I forgot my camera today.. oops, but these ones were emailed to me from Sister Jones from pageant...




No comments:

Post a Comment