Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 73 The Pageant

So I only have a second to email you, but I thought I should let you know that I am alive haha. We are all eating, breathing and inhaling pageant.  And seriously everything is going so well with it!

We have been living in Palmyra for the past week and a half and we presented our missionary workshops to the cast Monday-Wednesday last week.  The workshops went really really well! So much positive feedback, and the Pageant cast this year is absolutely phenomenal!  They go out around 7 pm each night of the show and share scriptures and testimonies to the audience members before the play starts each night for a couple hours.  The full-time missionaries in our mission are not allowed to proselyte.. the cast members do it all!  President Francis gets direction from the 1st presidency to set all of the cast members apart as full time missionaries while they are here for Pageant!  It is so neat!  So the NYRM has about 1000 missionaries in it right now :)   and we have all seen incredible miracles. From tornadoes/terrible weather all over western new York but just skipping over the Hill Cumorah, to helping people learn more about the Savior, to miraculous Priesthood blessings healing people.  Everything is wonderful and I feel like I'm on cloud 9.  and New York seriously has the prettiest clouds ever.  I am obsessed with the sky.

It has been hard being away from our proselyting area for so long, but Heavenly Father really is making up for it and our investigators and people we are working with have been able to find rides to Palmyra for the pageant and are reading the Book of Mormon and are doing really well, too!

And I got to see Grandpa and Grandma, and the Halls!  President let me sit with them at Pageant because it will be so long before I get to see them again since they are on their mission, so it was lots of fun to get to watch the show with them!  And I got to see them the next day for a second at the Joseph Smith farm on my birthday which was the best present ever!

Birthday went great!  Everyone made it so special and we celebrated all day!  One of the Cast teams of Pageant and the other sister missionaries threw me a little surprise birthday and lots of people sang all day in front of thousands of people trying to embarrass me and the best part was that one of my investigators came out from Buffalo to watch Pageant, so I got to see him!  He brought out a little birthday gift and it was a huge treat to catch up!
Thanks you so much for all of your emails and love :)

Ummm... I don’t know what else... its all kind of a blur.  and there are just 5000 things I want to tell you but we have to get back to the hill and I don’t really know how to convey all of it in a little email....  we go to bed around midnight when we're lucky and get up at 5:45 so we can get to our shifts at the historic sites in the morning... then we serve until 2 or 3.  then we go back to the Hill and practice with the cast/ give firesides/ whatever they want us to do haha.  then we eat dinner with the cast, have a devotional, and then go out into the audience on splits with the cast members and share the gospel with all of the guests!   Then we watch pageant, and then we repeat!  go team!

I love you all so much!  Thanks for all of the prayers and support!  
Scripture of the week... all of Alma 26.  I just love the whole thing and its always a good one!

Tonight we get to go to the Cast Talent show!  we tried to be a part of it, but it's not the best way to represent dignified missionaries from our mission.  We'll just cheer everyone on!  I feel like a pageant groupie.  I may seriously be the biggest fan haha.  oh well, it’s the best!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!  
Hna Davis

Eating dinner with Grandma Armstrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment