Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 61 Sunshine!!!!

Guess what? We had 4 consecutive days of sunshine this week! It broke 50 degrees, and words cannot describe how much I love the sun. It has been so great!  No worries, it's snowing again today and 30 degrees, but it was a nice little preview of what is to come! Sister Day and I bought a football, so we throw it back and forth when we get a chance and we've also been hackeysacking!!! (thanks momma :) ) its been real great.

Sunday night we had the Rochester Mormon choir Easter Program. It was this nice spiritual fireside type thing that we went to with our investigator, Bill (he's getting baptized in a couple weeks!!! woohoo! go Bill!)  So it's all quiet and peaceful in the meeting, they are playing little clips about the Savior and the Atonement, and pretty singing and instrumental music and the whole 9 yards... and then all of a sudden the men in the choir come forward and start this weird barbershop quartet/Black Gospel Choir/banjo boogie. It was by far one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.  I felt like they should be in the critter area by Splash Mountain at Disneyland. We still aren't sure if that was a serious performance, or comic relief in the middle of the long program. It took everything in us not to laugh... we failed.  There are these three men playing the guitar, bass, and banjo and weird "ooo-ing" and there is just no way that I can ever adequately explain to anybody what it was like.. especially through an email.  But it was definitely a high-lite of my life as far as funny moments go.

All is well in web-de-quoit... I re-named our area because now we cover Irondequoit and Webster. Webster is a city in our ward (there used to be missionaries in Webster, but they were taken out this transfer).  So now we get to cross the little channel and go to Webster too! There's not a ton of work going on there, but THIS WILL CHANGE!!

EASTER this weekend! (and a special shout out to momma who is going to rock her talk on Sunday). Obviously I'm stoked... I just love holidays. And its been so great getting to talk a lot about Easter with so many people for the past few days as we prepare!  I've been studying the Atonement a lot, and the life of our Savior, and I love this Mormon message... It reminds me of why we really celebrate. One of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because
Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to
do so.
http://www.lds.org/video/mormon-messages/none-were-with-him?lang=eng

But thank you so much Mommy and Nicole for your sweet little packages!  I love it all! And Nicole; I know you so so well. Before I opened it, I told sister Day exactly what was going to be inside... and then we opened it and laughed really hard because I called it... and then I told her exactly what your card was going to say before I opened that- opened it, and again... hit the nail right on the head haha. love you, buttfect!!

Scripture of the week: Alma 26:22

Love you all!!! Have a great week!
Love, your most favorite missionary in the whole world :)

and P.S.  Harry looked so cute at prom!

picture: just building some shingles in Hyram Smith's Copper shop on my shnizzle-bonger/pony.  (that really is what its called... or something to that effect that sounds cool and German)

No comments:

Post a Comment