Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 58: I Love the Book of Mormon Publication Sight!


So many miracles/fun things happened there this week.
#1.... So this sweet family comes in and Sister Day and I go to give them a tour, and they ask the usual questions, like where are we from.. and I reply Hemet, CA (I have this new thing of saying it like everybody should just know what that is, and like its a really cool place)... well this family DID know what a Hemet is... they get excited and ask if I know a Bob Davis... Oh, do I know Bob...  :)  I tell them that he is my grandpa, and the sweet old man walks up to me and gives me this huge, warm embrace.  Turns out I just met Doug Baker... Grandpa's buddy before he moved to Hemet, and according to Bro. Baker, one of the first people who introduced Grandpa to the church.  He has wanted to get in contact with Grandpa and Grandma for years, but didn't know how to ever reach them.  They were such a special group and it was so much fun getting to know them, and hearing their testimonies.  I thanked them, because I owe me being on a mission to him and the other awesome member missionaries who introduced all of dad's family to the church.  He told me lots of fun stories about how Grandpa was really good at tackling him in football and about camping trips the families would go on, and all sorts of fun little treasures.  It was so great being with them! 

#2.... Last night was the Grandin Open House at the Book of Mormon Publication site... we had this big celebration for the 184th anniversary of the BoM going on sale!  Really fun event, with an awesome turnout, senior couples dressed up ion period clothes and acting like Joseph Smith/E.B. Grandin/the whole crew, and 49857 cookies.  Some members of our ward and investigators made the trek out here to Palmyra and it was so much fun being with them!  Also, it was a fun little flashback to last year... aka my first day in New York.  I'd been here like 4 hours, and sister Jones and I went to go give tours at the open house activity (for th3 183rd anniversary of the Book of Mormon on sale).  I thought I was going to pee my pants cause I had absolutely no idea what was going on... thank goodness Jonesy saved my butt and was a real good teacher :)  I've officially lived in New York for a year!  I think I'm mastering the east coast ways... talking really fast and a lot, eating garbage plates (okay, I’ve only ever had one... but still), learning how to drive like a New Yorker (basically they just do what they want and don’t have to follow common laws of driving/defense), the accent, I know the best pizza, and I'm familiar with all the freeways (even though they don’t call them freeways... throughways... not important though)
  
It's been an insane, but wonderful week!  Lots of exchanges, and scheduling mixups (not on our side, I may add haha), and visitors at the sites, and trainings, and meetings and lessons, and people coming to church, and good stuff!  Super great Word of Wisdom lesson this week... we finish the lesson, and the person stands up, goes to the sink, and pours out all the alcohol in the house down the drain.  That one was fun!! 

Thanks for everything and all the support and love!  I'm so grateful for such an incredible family/friends who takes care of me and loves me and talks to me!  I feel more and more blessed and humbled every day.

Scripture: Jacob 5:71-73

Love,
Your most favorite missionary ever

Pics are from the Grandin open house...




No comments:

Post a Comment