Tuesday, March 11, 2014

week 56 Sunshine!

Today has been the greatest day in probably 4 months. It's been a striking 40 degrees and the sun has been shining!  We have zone conference on Thursday... aka we have to have a beautiful sparkling car, so we were outside cleaning/waxing it without coats on for a couple hours. I think I forgot how wonderful the sun feels. I'm in heaven. Really. Of course there is a huge storm coming tonight and we should be getting another foot of snow (so our car will look terrible again... sheesh, I hate salt), but that's okay! The few hours today outside made it all worth it!

This weekend was the best. Starting with Friday. We had MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) and Sister Day and I had a combined interview with President first.... btw, I love interviews. I think they're so great.  Anyways, as always, President Francis told us exactly what we needed to hear and talking with him was a huge tender mercy. He is so inspired and the most loving person I know. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing people.
Friday night we made the most beautiful CTR cake with some inactive members for the cake auction/spaghetti dinner with our ward... People paid big bucks for that beauty. (probably not because it was the best culinary design, but they just felt bad because the missionaries made it... but hey! whatever works!) But it was so great because some of our investigators went and it was a hit!  They were getting really into the bidding and made really good friends, and it was just a huge success.... sometimes at church or activities, or wherever we are, its kinda like we're babysitting... a teensy stressful occasionally... making sure they are happy, and making friends, and people are saying hi to them, and all that jazz. but this one was great! They didn’t even sit with us cause they were off with their new friends!  Just how it should be!

Then Saturday we went to the temple with our district! And the temple is always great. When we were at the temple we met this laurel class from Hurricane, UT.  They were all so sweet, and they raised all the money to come on this church history trip for their spring break.  We had fun talking to them outside the temple for a bit, and then after the temple we served at the Joseph Smith Farm.. and they all came for a tour! We had the most powerful, spiritual, and fun tour. Oh my gosh. The whole time I was thinking back to the day of my A.P. laurel class, and all of the great memories there... it really shaped me into who I am, and I probably owe coming on a mission to our laurel class... the girls and wonderful leaders.... and the best family ever... and friends... okay, I owe it to a lot of stuff. Moving on.  But I felt really inspired to give them all some time to share experiences and testify and they were all crying (I love getting ppl to cry.. maybe it has to do with the fact that I can’t cry. Whatever haha)  and overall, it was just an incredible experience. After the leader came up to us, just so grateful for everything we did. She said everything we did/said was spot on with what they needed to hear and this was definitely the highlight of their trip. So glad I got to share that with them!

 We had Stake Conference this weekend! Always good! There was a combined missionary/youth choir, and we all sang "We'll Bring the World His truth".  That was fun. Other than the fact that I swear I am the only person in all of Rochester who didn’t know the words to all three verses... we weren’t allowed to use music/words and I guess I didn’t practice as well as I should have.. aka didn’t practice at all... so I just kinda lipped the last two verses.  Hopefully nobody noticed! haha But it was great and the people we brought really enjoyed it!

Lots of miracles this week concerning prayer! When we ask in faith, with real intent, Heavenly Father answer us. Every time. Without fail. I almost feel like it's too easy.

Life is great! Love you all.  Thanks for being so wonderful and supportive!
Scrip: Joshua 24:15

Les quiero,
Hna Davis

Creepy siamese cats... my head is kinda of blocking them, but they just sit there so evil on the bed and I find it disgusting and hilarious all in one.  
 Ward Party with Dorothea and Sis. Sykes.  They're best friends now and I find it absolutely adorable.
Palmyra Temple with Sister Day!
Last photo opp with the Howell's
Exchanges with my favorite Asian... Sister Su.  Straight from Taiwan and the cutest person I've ever met. 

No comments:

Post a Comment