Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Luck of the Irish- Week 57


Some would say luck of the Irish... others may go with divine intervention... you can pick.  But St. Patrick's Day was a day of MIRACLES!

I was on exchanges with a sister in the heart of the ghetto of Rochester and we had such a little party.  Including being chased down by Mark... this Christian we met who swore we were going to hell and he legitimately chased us down the street... at first I thought it was just funny/weird... then I realized we should probably run.  He was harmless, but still a good chase always gets your heart beating!  that was cool.

And the greatest miracle..... SO we get back to our apartment like 8:45 lst night after we exchange back, and Sister Day tells me that our neighbor/investigator Dorothea got a haircut and wants to show it to me.  Sure, why not?  (they had a lesson with her earlier in the day).  so we go in and they are both acting really sneaky... I congratulate her in her hair (totally felt like Dad... aka I didnt notice any difference in her hair, but where you just have to compliment to be nice... thanks for always saying you like our hair, dad) anywyas... they are being weird, and I just can't quite wrap my tongue around it.  And I'm giving Dorothea a hug (she's hug queen- nobody leaves the apartment without a hug first) and then she stands on her tip toes so that she can whisper in my ear... "I'm getting Baptized!!!  In two weeks!!"  AHHHHH.   We all freaked out.  Such a miracle.  She said she has known for a few days now, but she didn't tell us yet because she just had to make sure it was really right and what God wanted her to do!  She was just glowing and so giddy and happy and we all had a little dance party and I'm SO happy for her!  She is so prepared and since we started teaching her a few months ago, she has just found so much more purpose and happiness in life and is so so solid!  We're so excited!

For the past week we have been giving trainings at zone conferences around the mission!  They've been a lot of fun and it's always neat to see all the missionares who are far away and we never get to see!  We trained on asking direct questions when we extend invitations.  We figured if we are training everybody on this, we better become masters ourselves. So we've been trying especially hard to apply this to everyone (in lessons, at the sites, with members, etc) and we have seen so many incredible miracles correlated to it!  People are doing so well!

The sites are starting to get busy again!  Everybody is coming for Spring Break... nothing like a blizzard for your vacation!  Last week we had the worst blizzard of the year.  We were serving down at the Peter whitmer Farm... which is usually 2 hours away.  We get there, and the snow is getting worse and worse and there is a scary flurry of wintery hell dancing around out the window... we are there for about an hour, and then we get a call that all the sites are closing right then because of the storm and that we are to get home ASAP.  So we being the trek home... the normal two hour drive turned into over three, and we drove really slowly all the way back to Rochester.  Good news is that I am now professional at driving in extreme weather conditions.  Then we had lockdown for another two days.  party. 

Scripture of the week:  2 Nephi 4... yes, the whole chapter.

Love you all!!!
Hna Davis

Pics:
1.  The Hendry's came to the sites!  They are one of my most favorite families from Buffalo!  We pulled up to the Jospeh Smith Farm a few days ago, and they pulled up at the same time, and so we got to take them on tour!  I love them so much and was so excited to see them!
2.  exchanges with Sister Anderson this week!

PS... MOM, thanks so much for your St. Patricks day package!!!!  I am not exxagerating when I say that you're the coolest/most loving mom in the world.  You're creativity skills are coveted.

Also!  Can all of you send me your favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon?  I have new projects I am  working on and need your favorite scrips!  Thanks!

Love me

No comments:

Post a Comment