Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 54 Transfers

I'm actually staying the same... in Irondequoit with Sister Day, but I just felt like titling it that anyways. There was lots of talk and anticipation because of cast training stuff starting, but I get to be in Irondequoit at least one more transfer. Thank goodness. I love it here.

Lots of funny things happened this week... probably that are only funny to me. But just pretend to laugh. Starting with this hideous dog. Oh my goodness. It's the by far the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life.  We visit this family and they just adore it, and we had a lot of fun with it... well mostly making fun of it. Okay, that's all about the dog. Possibly my worst story I've ever told, if we can even call that a story.

Remember how I am baby hungry... definitely has to do with the fact that we aren’t allowed to touch babies ever for 18 months straight (rude).... anyways, I'm not anymore. It all changed this week when we spent our time with little demon children.  Oh boy. A few times I just looked around in shock, I was actually scared of them. So many children that are screaming and loud and pulling my hair and ripping my books and just fat out scary.  If my kids are ever like this, I'm going to have some serious issues and will probably go insane. I'm not kidding, either.

On some positive notes, we have been having some awesome lessons! In person, and on skype!! We are teaching this legit kid who lives in India on skype and it’s a lot of fun! He's progressing so well and wants to get Baptized soon!  We're helping him get into more contact with the missionaries where he lives. And the people who actually live in NY/our area are doing really well also! We've been seeing lots of miracles... especially at church this week!  So we are in the ward choir... which is the best way EVER to get people to come to church. "Hey want to hear us sing this week at church?" They all say yes... and they all come to church and love it and get hit by the spirit and all is well.  You know you're a missionary when the thing you look forward to is singing in choir so people will come to church... or the exciting event we anticipate is the annual Young Women’s spaghetti dinner.... it’s the best.

It was Sister Day's birthday this week! I love mission birthdays! I feel so sneaky, because it is ridiculously hard to surprise your companion for her birthday when you are together 24/7. (and obviously it has to be a surprise or its not as fun). And when you share a phone, and you are literally connected at the hip, it's rather difficult. But I'd say I did a pretty successful job. Even with a surprise birthday dinner at some members home that night!  (okay, it wasn’t quite a surprise... the elders called in the middle of the day to ask her what kind of cake she liked and killed it. Dang it. But it would've been a success if it weren’t for them... nonetheless, it was still a wonderful day!)

Life is great and I am happy and healthy!
Scripture: D&C 64:34


Love you all!!!

Hermana Davis

pics... saying goodbye to my sister Klepinger
-had to get a district picture before we lost some of these elders who are off to Brazil today! (minus 2 of the elders)

No comments:

Post a Comment