Saturday, July 27, 2013

Week 24


Hi!!!!!!  I feel like a normal missionary again cause I'm typing you on a P-day!  July has been a long month.  I now fully understand why we get a P-day once a week because not having one for a month has drained us.  The greatest month ever--but so long.  It is really nice to be getting back into the swing of things!  Even though I'm already counting down the days until next summer.  But not gonna lie--the past few days we have been so exhausted.  We nightly plan as quickly as possible and jump into bed.  Today we plan on sleeping all day. haha

So the last few days of Pageant went really well!  Friday night it rained out :(  So sad.  They keep it going until there is lightening close by... and unfortunately it was nearby.  So they canceled it.  I felt so bad for all of the people who came and didn’t get to watch!  Especially this group from Pueblo Mexico.  I took them around all day for Spanish tours and they were SO EXCITED.  They had been saving up for this trip for 15 years, and were leaving Saturday morning.... Friday was their only opportunity to watch and they didn’t get to because of the rain.  It just broke my heart.  But everything happens for a reason, right?

So sis Jones had this investigator in her last area who moved here from Cambodia!  I met him at Pageant and told him about Grandpa and Grandma serving their missions there and he got so excited he invited us over for dinner!  And one of the members from the cast served in Cambodia as well so we all went over and they made us authentic Cambodian food!  Most of it was pretty good... some of it I prayed for about 10 times because it was really scary (scariest was the crab/shrimp egg role... it had legs coming out.  they told us to eat the whole thing, so I had to cause I didn’t want to offend them.  But the first crunch of shrimp tail, and I just couldn’t finish it.) Moral of the story, I’m turning so brave with my food!  You'd be so proud!  I'm no longer you're picky little eater!

So transfers are this week.... it kills us trying to figure them out.  This is Sister Jones' last one, and so we have a million different scenarios of what could happen (you'd think she’s staying, because there’s only one more... but she has only had __areas her entire mission... she's been here since November)... so who knows.  but I laugh really hard whenever we try to figure out what will happen because I think of Nicole in this situation...  and how it kills you to not know what’s going on... I legitimately start laughing to myself every time I think of it haha

I love you all!!!!  thought of the day:

"You . . . can indeed be pioneers in courage, in faith, in charity, in
determination. You can strengthen one another; you have the capacity
to notice the unnoticed. When you have eyes to see, ears to hear, and
hearts to feel, you can reach out and rescue others."—Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment