Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 11


Hola!!!!  good week... as always.  I don’t even know why I write that.  anyways.

Spring is coming!!  The trees are starting to blossom, and everything is just better when it's warm!  It's seriously the best!  Also I think I’ve mentioned the sunsets/sun rises here, but I'll do it again... SO GORGEOUS.  I seriously can't get over it.  Last week I saw the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen.  The whole sky was one gorgeous combination of oranges/pinks/purples/sunset colors.  So gorgeous.  We got really excited and were driving and busting out it our song (we really like Alex Boye's Have I Done any good in the world today... gets us pumped... such missionaries, I know) and I leaned down to grab something from my backpack, and I accidentally leaned on the phone and called some of the elders in our district.  Well I didn’t know and we were singing really loud and scary and they still make fun of us for it..... So funny.   But really, such a beautiful sunset.  Anywyas....

Last Saturday night was the "Historic Palmyra Steak dinner"... and they asked us to serve at it!  It was super fun and it reminded me of all the Valley-Wide/Exchange club lunches/dinners we would always be at.  It was really neat.  And then we got steak!   I’ve had a lot of steak so far... and ppl say missionaries get bad food....  oh also, we go to this one families house for dinner every couple weeks and they are super into being healthy... nice! Except this last week was salmon night... you would be so proud of me because I ate my entire serving.  Maybe I’ll begin to like sea food as well.... :)  but then another dinner we went to we had fish.  They seriously just flopped a huge dead fish... scales and eyeballs and all onto our plates... I threw up in my mouth a little (sorry to be so graphic... I just want you to picture this little -well actually it was huge- gray fish staring up at me and the people expecting us to eat it.)  I don’t even know if ppl are supposed to eat something like that.  I tried to scrape off as many scales as possible, but I literally could only have like two bites.  I've had serious nightmares about this fishie....

So on Monday we were supposed to meet  someone, so they weren’t home.... so we just tracted around that area for a little bit and we met Rich.... aka "Jesus-Rapper."  We were talking to him and just about if he believes in God and stuff and then he surprises us with the fact that he is a rapper... and only raps about Jesus.  He asked if he could share one with us and so we agree, and all of a sudden he's running into his house and grabs his laptop and speakers and starts his raps... he's actually super good... my favorite song was "Doomsday Prophet."  Seriously one of the funniest things I have ever seen... I had to turn around a few times so he couldn’t see us laughing.  (Don’t worry, he didn’t notice me not watching/laughing.... he gets really into it and I actually think he forgot we were there for a little bit haha)  anyways, So So funny.  A lot of times here I just have no idea what reaction to give to people..... Especially for all of the Ghost stuff.... did I tell you I live in a ghost town?  Everyone believes in ghosts everywhere/witches... like think the book The Crucible.... Salem witch trials... all this kind of stuff... I often get told "don't move!!  My dead aunt is sitting on your lap!"  or "Please stroke the air... my dead cat wants you to stroke him..."  lots of stuff like this...  my favorite one:  we were taking our investigators to the Smith home/Sacred Grove and we took them into the upper room of the Smith Log home and talked about where this is where Moroni appeared to Joseph... that whole thing.  And the girl goes to a random spot in the room and says "this is where Angel Moroni stood"  .... nobody knows where he was in the room....  but this girl does!  haha  She knows because Moroni was speaking to her right then and confirmed the exact location.  Also, Joseph Smith told her last night that he is proud of us and he thinks we should get to watch tv on our missions.  I really don’t know how to respond to these situations.....  Hopefully I'll get better and start acting more mature... haha

Speaking of maturity... we were helping the library with a craft thing... a little art project for teens.... and I was in charge of using the hot glue gun because I'm "more mature" than the young girls.... haha.  Well I accidentally hot glue gunned my arm at one point... like really bad... I have a huge burn... but the cool thing is, it looks like the earth.... like the burn looks like the globe!  super cool! /painful... but its like a cool earth tattoo.... not that I want a earth tat.... but it should go away soon, so its all good.

Good news!  We are playing tennis today!!!  I am beyond stoked!  I live with girls.... aka they like to go shopping/nap on P-days.... and I’ve been wanting to go and do something every week... and this week we finally are!!!  however it is raining again... so it may get canceled... but I’m all about playing in the rain.... nobody else is... but maybe I can convince them!!  Anyways, hopefully we'll get to go play!!!!

well I hope all is well!! Love and miss you tons!

love Hermana Davis


1.  I tore my skirt.... sad day.  We have a bench in our house... and for some reason i thought that jumping over it/straddling it would work.... it didn't... tore the slit up to my butt.  :(  one of the senior sisters said she could try to sew it though!  we'll see!

2.  We have a pond by our house!  I want to try fishing in it... we finally went to scout it our this week during our lunch but it kinda has turned into a swap back there from all the rain... so this is the swamp!  but we're (well actually just me... but sister jones is nice and is willing to follow me) going to try again in a few weeks!  

Christus in the Hill Cumorah Visitors Center
We got to go to the temple this week with Tracy and Jen Williferd!  they are recent converts and the cutest little family from Georgia that moved up here.... they are so great!  This was their first time doing Baptisms... it was such a special experience.  they were so excited and did all of their family names and it was just the sweetest thing ever.  Families are forever.  so special.




No comments:

Post a Comment