Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 10


Okay seriously another amazing week!  I just feel so blessed every day to be here.  So awesome.

Well first off, last Friday I had my first shift down at the Peter Whitmer Farm in Fayette, NY.  I was so stoked because I hadn't been there yet.  Well, on the drive down I started getting a really bad migraine... and then it turned into a terrible fever.  Like really bad.  I had a 102 degree temp and my eyes were super bloodshot and it was slightly miserable.  But I'm doing better now!  But it was really neat because two of the senior couple elders gave me a priesthood blessing.   And it's really neat because we talk a ton about Priesthood at the Whitmer farm, and then right there I was able to receive this blessing   It just made me so grateful for the Priesthood in our lives.  And so grateful for Dad giving me blessings my whole life.  And I just felt so comforted and at peace and I know I got better so fast because of the blessing.  The Priesthood is seriously such a blessing in our lives.
Oh, and then it was so nice... we got home from the Whitmer farm and I had a nice letter from Momma waiting for me!  You are always here for me when I'm sick :)   thanks!

So we got to go to the temple on Tuesday!  President lets us go once a transfer... and it doesn’t even have to be on our P-day :)   It was so awesome!  The Palmyra temple is so beautiful and it was so neat going in such a special location.  The temple is actually on the Smiths' property that they purchased way back when.  So neat.  It was so fun and a nice break from everything!

So cool story:  We had an appointment last Saturday with one of our investigators and we usually have the same member present to team up with us. Well this week, she couldn't end up going and so we didn't know who to ask. And then Sister Jones remembered this girl I took on tour last week.  It was really cool... just this young, single mom who joined the church a few years ago and came to the Joseph Smith Farm while her boy was at his grandparents.  It was really nice... just a one-on-one tour and we really got to know each other and she said she'd totally be willing to help us/team up with us sometime.  So we called her super last minute on Saturday afternoon, and she agreed to coming with us Saturday night!  So we taught the lesson, but it went NOWHERE in the direction we had intended for it.  But we just followed the spirit and kinda went with it.  Well the lesson ended and we felt good about it and all was well.... so we go home and start to plan for the next day.... well then Katie calls (the girl who taught with us) and just starts choking up and sincerely thanked us for asking her to come with us.  Apparently she was super lonely, feeling completely insignificant, and just that she didn't matter.  She hasn't been to church in months (which I had no idea of when we asked if she would help us) and she said that the things we talked about in the lesson were Exactly what she needed to hear.... and that we answered every concern, and that she felt that lesson was directed just to her. It's just seriously amazing because here we were, thinking that we were addressing our investigator's questions and concerns, but we were helping Katie out as well.  She was just so grateful and went to church on Sunday  (the next day) and just wants to come back to the Lord.  She is just the sweetest, and we were so glad that she called and told us.... otherwise we would have never known what an influence it had on her.   It's so cool how the Lord works though others to answer our prayers.  We just need to be receptive and ready to listen to the Holy Ghost so we can have those prayers answered.   The Lord has his hand in everything, and we just need to trust in his timing and that he always knows what is best.

So our room is hard-wood floor.... and sis Jones and I like to lay on the floor, but its extremely uncomfortable on the old squeaky wood (oh ps, did i tell you who's house we live in?  well, I actually don’t remember his name... but he was a friend of the smith family and his house/my house dates back to the early 1800s... we're in historical houses all the time.... last week we had dinner with a family who lives in the school where Oliver Cowdery taught.... and just lots of cool places...) anyways, we don't like the wood... so we bought a rug.  Our first furniture bought together :)   It’s kinda small, i don't fit all the way... but that's okay!  We love our little rug.... that's the pic I attached... us on our rug. yeah...

So some of the places we've been going for dinner have seemed a little more like home!  It's so fun being with those members with kids and stuff because it reminds me of our family and how we'd have missionaries over for dinner.  Mom, never feed the missionaries dessert again.... they always give dessert... and I just can't deny it.  But I also love it, so maybe you should keep doing dessert.... just fatten us all up haha.   Bob... this amazing guy who is in charge of the Sacred Grove here.... he always jokes saying that parents send their "sister" out and get a "sister and a half" back.  its safe to say that everyone likes to eat.  A lot.  Oops.  

Well, I love you tons!!  Have a wonderful week!  Mom, survive in your "kitchen" and don't let the dust kill you.  Harrison broke his ankle .. what???  It takes me a long time to get mail.... usually over a week after you send it... so I'm not completely caught up with what you're saying in your emails.... but I feel like every time there is a new injury haha  But now he can have 2 broken things... because your toe did not count Harrison. And it sounds like Baseball is going good Brandon!  We pass some little league fields every now and then and I always think of you!!  Oh, and a family came in who was going to a Yankee game but then had to go home suddenly and offered the tickets to my comp and me.... unfortunately we don’t get to go to Yankee games.... especially since that's about 5 hours away.  But it woulda been cool.  dad, I got the weapons... thanks!!!!   (I forget our secret language... but I'll work on that so the next thing can be in code)

Love you all!  I'm still praying for Grandma!  give her hugs for me!

Love Hermana D

No comments:

Post a Comment