Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Week 2


Hi!!!!!  I made it through another week. Go me.  First things first before I forget:  HOW COME NOBODY EVER ASKED ME ABOUT A MISSION PLAQUE???????????????  I meant to address this last week but of forgot... I'm not that much of a disgrace that I can't make the mission wall... right??  Well, if you want to plaque me up, my mission scrip is Alma 36: 24.  yeah....

Anyways, how is everyone!!  I'm doing good and feel like I'm really in my routine here now.  Other than sore legs from hiking up a million flights of stairs everyday, I am doing lovely (ps, I'm expecting to be in great shape by the end of this... our classroom is on the 5th floor and we aren't allowed to use elevators, and we go up and down SO MANY times everyday)...  oh also, I have this weird bite on my neck... I think it may be a spider bite... i'm just waiting to wake up with super powers any day now...

This week was so good.  As always I feel like the spirit is with me so often and I seriously just feel so good here.... everyone makes fun of the MTC and calls it jail and stuff (I'm one of these people) but honestly its so great.  There is no other place where the Spirit is so constant and people are so kind and loving.  I really do like it here. 

I told you I love my district last week... well now I love them all even more.  We maybe love each other too much... it's hard to focus and study all the time because we all can just sit and talk and play forever... but we set goals, and we're all trying really hard to work hard when we are supposed to be.  Wish us luck.  Because we can get distracted really easily.  This week I was feeling kind of down at some points, but Sunday was such a rejuvenation (I don't know if that made sense, but hopefully you catch my drift)... I was kinda just feeling homesick and wondering why I'm even out here and just a bunch of down emotions, but then in Relief Society on Sunday a girl did a musical number to the song "Be still My soul".  it was seriously the most beautiful thing i have ever heard.  She truly sounded like an angel and I felt an overwhelming sense of peace.  I don't necessarily know all the reasons I am here and that everything will go perfect, but if I have faith in the Lord, He will bless me and help me the entire time.  I'm so glad she sang and I seriously felt so good after,.  I literally felt the arms of a loving Heavenly Father wrap around me and let me know that everything was going to be alright.  super neat stuff.

On a less spiritual note.... MOM WINS!!!!!!!!!!  So many people said they would give me weekly Bachelor updates and nobody has... except mom told me that Princess Tierra was kicked off finally... thanks mom.  I'd appreciate it if you would all fill me in cause I need to know that dear Sean is making the right decisions.  thanks.

So every missionary here gets a free haircut... so i'm wondering if that also involves a free hair dye.... cause if so, I'm totally going brunette.  It's time.  I kinda just wanna freak you all out.... so maybe I'll send home a picture with me in brown form.  we'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Dad, remember way back last fall when I was trying to decide on a mission and you sent me that email and talk of I think Elder scott???  can you send me that again.... both what you wrote and the talk.  I would really like to have that with me!  It's probably from late October.... so if you wanna find that, I'd really appreciate it!!!

This week the hermanas in mi districto sang in the choir... it was really neat.  that's kinda all i have to say about that. but really... neat experience.  definitely the biggest choir i've ever seen... like 800 ppl.  thats a lot of ppl.

HARRISON:
congrats on Daisy Chain!!!!  Seriously I am happy for you and your nerdy ways!  (there was no sarcasm in that comment at all.... i promise... like really)  I'm so glad i could be a good example to you all these years and you could learn from me.  You're welcome.   Also, how was the SAT's????  Have you been hanging out with the cool kids on the weekend (aka acadec) to go play jeopardy???  i'm so proud!  also..... I HAVE EYES EVERYWHERE..... I KNOW WHAT YOU KEEP UNDER YOUR STEERING WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I do NOT approve of you stealing my weapons.  Return my stun gun now.  Even though i'm not using it, I can't trust you with it... just like I cant trust you with my laptop... and that's why it is locked in a safe... Dad.... please tell me it's still locked in a safe...????  Also, I could use some of my weapons... definitely need a knife... and my pepper spray would be nice... but that can wait till I hit up the BA (big apple... rochester.... land of farms... and trees)  anyways, no easy access stun gun for you Harry.  Yes i called you Harry.  Yes i hope that made you mad.

Anyways, I love you all and miss you so much!!!  thank you so much for your letters, packages, prayers, and whatever else.  they seriously mean so much to me.  I always took for granted that I could just talk to you everyday... I have so much always want to tell you and one email a week just doesn't cut it!!  Brandon, keep the Lakers info coming!!  How's our injured player Pau (ps, i have no clue how to spell his name... embarrassing .  Also good job on your games!! Mom keeps me updated and it sounds like you are pretty much at Kobe's level.  Shoot some hoops for me please!!

Nicole, i LOVED your email this morning... i read it to everyone and we were all cracking up... the part about Payten.  Just send her out with me... she can be my comp.  But really.  She'd probably get spanish before I did with all that Dora she watches.  speaking of which, Spanish is going really well!!!  I'm not fluent by any means, but the lessons I teach go really well, and I understand most stuff, and I can read the scriptures and understand!!!  Seriously such a blessing! 

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!!!!!!!!  Have fun with no school and enjoy that long drive from Texas!!!!  Keep the letters and dear elders coming!!  they seriously make my day EVERYDAY!!    I love you and miss you like crazy!!  You're always in my prayers!

Love your favorite missionary/daughter/child/ everything 


ps. So I finally found out about pictures...the only way to send them is in the laundry room...and I'm not in there. oops!... So next week get ready for pictures!!!!!! Sorry! but the good news is that I'm not computer incompetent. It's the computer and not me!!!! Good thing I wasted a bunch of time trying to figure it out :( okay, love you tonssssssssss!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment